[mapserver-users] WMS capability

YC Nyon ycnyon at pd.jaring.my
Thu Aug 1 21:00:37 EDT 2002

Hi,

I don't know too much of Opengis, WMS happening around this part of the
world (Asia). Try to read up in opengis.org but seems to be a lot of
guidelines.

Therefore, i have a couple of 'basic' questions.
1. I am running PHP-MS 3.6 with WMS support. does that mean other mapping
servers like ArcIMS can call the layers?

2. Is there any desktop software (Arcview, Mapinfo, etc)  that can call a
layer from a WMS-compliant Mapserver ? and if yes, will the layer be raster
or vector ?
how about security issues.

TIA.

Nyon