[mapserver-users] WMS capability

Kralidis, Tom Tom.Kralidis at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Aug 2 09:34:10 EDT 2002

Any client which understands and obeys the OGC WMS specification can make
HTTP requests to any OGC compliant WMS, of which UMN MapServer is one.

> 2. Is there any desktop software (Arcview, Mapinfo, etc)
> that can call a
> layer from a WMS-compliant Mapserver ? and if yes, will the
> layer be raster
> or vector ?
> how about security issues.

There may be others, but I am aware of the MIT Ortho Tools Avenue extension
which can do this.  Unfortunately, the link does not work.

http://tull.mit.edu/mitortho2/

Hope this helps

..Tom