[mapserver-users] Platforms and Processors survey

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Aug 6 11:15:36 EDT 2002

Well, after a few days of responses, I compiled the list and sorted it
based on speed and memory.
See it at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Platforms_And_Processors
I tried to keep it to currently used servers, but had to throw in a couple
of the slower ones that people used to use, to encourage those of you who
may be wondering just how slow you can go.
The only disappointing thing was no one told me that they are using any 486
processors :(  If anyone has any experience (current or past) doing this,
I'd be interested to hear.  Now I guess I'll have to try it out myself :)

Thanks for participating.

Tyler