[mapserver-users] Problem with PostGIS layer

Thomas Haechler thaechl at geo.unizh.ch
Tue Aug 6 12:17:53 EDT 2002

hello list,

I just start to use postgis with mapserver and can't seem to make it
work. I get a blank browser window and in the source code the following
error message:

MapServer Error in msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Error parsing POSTGIS
connection information.

Can anyone please tell me what I am missing?

Thank you in advance,

Thomy

P.S.:
I am using php/mapscript version 3.6.1 and this is what I did:

test=# \! createlang plpgsql test
test=# \! psql -d test -f postgis.sql
test=# \! shp2pgsql borderline.shp borderline test | psql test

test=# CREATE INDEX gist_index
test-# ON borderline
test-# USING GIST ( the_geom GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS );

test=# CREATE INDEX oid_index ON borderline ( oid );

test=# VACUUM ANALYZE;

Mapfile:
# ***********************************
# testlayer postgresql