[mapserver-users] mapscript perl dependencies

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Aug 7 14:02:14 EDT 2002

I've not tried building perl mapscript with OGR but will investigate.
Just for grins will you file this as
a bug in Bugzilla (mapserver.gis.umn.edu/bugs).

Steve

On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, at 06:36  AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> For whatever reason, the above link does not appear to include the
OGR
> libraries.  If you look in the MapServer Makefile you should see the
> stuff needed for OGR in the "OGR_LIB" variable.  I don't know how
you
> would go about grafting it into perl module link though.

Yep, that's what it was.

My mapserver makefile has this OGR section. Note OGR_LIB is
blank, i guess because it's statically linked.

# Optional OGR Support.  OGC Simple Feature inspired interface
for vector
# formats.  See http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/
OGR=      -DUSE_OGR
OGR_LIB=
OGR_INC=
-I/Users/alex/ARC/gis/Mapserver/gdal-1.1.7/ogr/ogrsf_frmts
-I/Users/a\
lex/ARC/gis/Mapserver/gdal-1.1.7/ogr
-I/Users/alex/ARC/gis/Mapserver/gdal-1.1.7\
/ogr/../port
OGR_STATIC=
/Users/alex/ARC/gis/Mapserver/gdal-1.1.7/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmt\
s.a /Users/alex/ARC/gis/Mapserver/gdal-1.1.7/ogr/ogr.a
/Users/alex/ARC/gis/Maps\
erver/gdal-1.1.7/ogr/../port/cpl.a

The problem is that perl mapscript's Makefile.PL is not copying
the 5th line from the "perlvars" file. The 5th line has the OGR
stuff. I appended the contents of OGR_STATIC in mapserver
makefile to the EXTRALIBS and LDLOADLIBS in the perl mapscript
makefile, compiled and re-installed.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice at arc.to
alrice at swcp.com