[mapserver-users] Flash + mapserver usage q.

Alex Rice alex_rice at arc.to
Fri Aug 9 09:46:31 EDT 2002

On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 06:25  AM, Jan Hartmann wrote:

> "coords=x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3 .. "). Within Flash you then use
>
> movieclip.loadvariables(MapScriptPHPurl, POST),

Ah, good point. Then Flash can load the vars directly from that
delimited format.

I think parsing XML would definitely be required in the realm of
handling WMS responses, but, probably a mixture of both delimited
and XML would be useful for a real app.

> One final remark: Shapeobjects are different before and after the
> call to
> $map->draw(). Before, they contain world-coordinates, afterwards
> transformed
> pixel coordinates. Moreover, some sort of pruning seems to take place,
> eliminating duplicate pixels I think (some one knows what happens
> exactly
> here?). This is a very nice feature, so even if you only need
> ASCII output
> for Flash, call $map->draw() beforehand all the same.

OK thanks for the tip.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice at arc.to
alrice at swcp.com