[mapserver-users] Flash + mapserver usage q.

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 9 11:24:37 EDT 2002

Hi There,

 Here is the doc explaining the first support of SWF output in mapserver.
Note that this a  first version and upgrades and other additions will be
added (like the possiblity to export the whole map in one image, or to have
an ascii output of the shape cooridinates and Flash do the rendering).

  http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/FlashMapserverUserDoc.html

Later,

Alex Rice wrote:

> On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 06:25  AM, Jan Hartmann wrote:
> >
> > "coords=x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3 .. "). Within Flash you then use
> >
> > movieclip.loadvariables(MapScriptPHPurl, POST),
>
> Ah, good point. Then Flash can load the vars directly from that
> delimited format.
>
> I think parsing XML would definitely be required in the realm of
> handling WMS responses, but, probably a mixture of both delimited
> and XML would be useful for a real app.
>
> > One final remark: Shapeobjects are different before and after the
> > call to
> > $map->draw(). Before, they contain world-coordinates, afterwards
> > transformed
> > pixel coordinates. Moreover, some sort of pruning seems to take place,
> > eliminating duplicate pixels I think (some one knows what happens
> > exactly
> > here?). This is a very nice feature, so even if you only need
> > ASCII output
> > for Flash, call $map->draw() beforehand all the same.
> >

> OK thanks for the tip.
>
> Alex Rice, Software Developer
> Architectural Research Consultants, Inc.
> alex_rice at arc.to
> alrice at swcp.com

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst