[mapserver-users] Mapplet Problem

Doug Braeckel BraeckelD at etminc.com
Fri Aug 9 11:40:45 EDT 2002

I've been using the base MapServer for the last few months with good
results.  I'm currently using Windows 2000, IIS, MapServer 3.6.1.  I also
have a duplicate running on Windows 2000 Workstation with Apache 1.3.24.

I am now trying to add Mapplet to my application with poor results.
Everything Javascript appears to be working (clicks and drags work) except
that I cannot, no matter what I try, get the map image [img] to display in
the applet (on either computer).  All I get is a white square where the map
would display. I've tried every combination of "http://[host][port][img]"
I've seen.  I'm now down to just [img] which contains the full path the
image.  In fact, when I VIEW PAGE SOURCE and copy the [img] link into
Netscape, I can view the map image by itself, so I know the reference to the
image is good.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with getting MAPPLET working?  What am
I doing wrong?  I thought this would be easier than ROSA, which I also can't
get to work correctly.

Sincerely,

Doug Braeckel
Senior GIS Programmer