[mapserver-users] Question about raster(?) images and GPS

Niall Richard Murphy niallm-wan at enigma.ie
Fri Aug 9 12:32:26 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some advice as to what mapserver can do, and whether it would
be useful for my application.

Basically I have a set of images (png, jpeg, tiff) of my area. I know their
GPS co-ordinates (where the image begins and ends in terms of them). I have
a set of points, also expressed in terms of GPS co-ordinates.

Questions: Is it possible to use mapserver to plot these points on the image
dynamically, zoom in, pan around and label them? Is this difficult to do?
These images are quite large - how much CPU is required for this kind of
work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Niall

--
Enigma Consulting Limited: Security, UNIX and telecommunications consultants.
Address: Floor 2, 45 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.