[mapserver-users] build 3.6.1 warnings and errors

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 9 18:04:15 EDT 2002

Puneet Kishor wrote:

> well, it seems to be ranlib-ing, but complains about it being "out of date".
> I am wondering if it has something to do with the fact that some stuff got
> written to
>
> cp -f libmap.a /usr/local/lib/
> cp -f map.h /usr/local/include/mapserver-3.5/
>
> during ms make install.

MapServer's 'make install' target should be avoided.  It has no real
use, except confusing your build when you upgrade to a new version of
MapServer.

I suggest deleting /usr/local/lib/libmap.a, and
/usr/local/include/mapserver-3.5/map.h, and then restart your build
(make clean; make) ... the problem may go away.

If it doesn't then I'm not sure what to suggest, but at least we'll have
ruled out that possibility.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca