[mapserver-users] oracle spatial 9i

Mikael Grønfeldt mg at fd.dk
Tue Aug 20 06:08:15 EDT 2002

Hi Tim and Rodrigo

We have the same problem here in Copenhagen.

We're using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 and IAS with Server version: Apache/1.3.12
(Unix),Server built:   Aug 18 2000 16:14:55
both running on a HP-UX B.11.00 64 bit.

We have mapserver 3.6.1 running on a NT platform (Apache/1.3.23) and the NT
mapserver are able to connect to our database and display objects from the
database without any problems.

We have also compiled a version of mapserver on our Unix platform, we have
compiled it as 64 bit, as long as we dont try to connect to the Oracle
database mapserver works fine, but when we try to access the database the
mapserver craches and Apache returns with a "internal server Error" and the
following is added to the Apache error_log:

/oracle/oasTEST/OAS9i/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/map[6]: 13629 Bus
error(coredump)
[Tue Aug 20 11:23:24 2002] [error] [client 10.1.100.78] Premature end of
script
headers: /oracle/oasTEST/OAS9i/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/map

We think we have located the problem to line 283 in maporaclespatial.c:

TRY( layerinfo,
    /* allocate envhp */
    OCIEnvCreate( &layerinfo->envhp, OCI_OBJECT, (dvoid *)0, 0, 0, 0,
(size_t) 0, (dvoid **)0 ) )
  &&

If we /* */  the TRY call and compile a new mapserver we get:
"msOCIConnect() in msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error.
OCI_INVALID_HANDLE" back from the mapserver when we try to connect to the
database.

I hope this information can help

Mikael Gronfeldt
Head of Section