[mapserver-users] [map] tag and $mapObj->processTemplate()

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Aug 20 16:18:31 EDT 2002

The CGI version takes any form element and allows you to echo it by using the element
name in brackets. That's how [map] works. There is no section in the code specifically
looking for [map], but since you must always set a map variable it always works. Lemme
look at the processTemplate method for a workaround.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Alex Rice <alex_rice at arc.to> 08/20/02 01:32PM >>>
I'm using Perl mapscript & am mapscript newbie. I noticed that
the  $mapObj->processTemplate() method does not replace the [map]
tag in my template. The mapserv CGI does replace the [map] field
in my template. The mapserver docs mention something about the
savemap CGI parameter being required, but it's not clear. How can
I get mapscript to process the [map] tag in my template?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice at arc.to
alrice at swcp.com