[mapserver-users] Raste Display (More Information)

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Aug 21 17:09:31 EDT 2002

Did you compile the mapserv program yourself?  I would recommend
configuring it --without-tiff  , since GDAL also has tiff support and you
don't want to confuse mapserv with which to use.  That's from my experience
anyway.
If you have gdal installed use "gdalinfo" and tell use what info it gives
you about your image.

Tyler

                      "gabriel"
                      <gabriel at ciasc.gov.br>              To:       <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        Fax to:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  [mapserver-users] Raste Display (More
                                                           Information)

                      08/21/2002 04:14 PM

This is the output from some "TIFF Tools Overview" (tiffdump and tiffinfo)
of my TIF file :

[mapserver at linux geoimagens]$ tiffdump  agronomica_trindade.tif
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>
agronomica_trindade.tif:
Magic: 0x4949 <little-endian> Version: 0x2a
Directory 0: offset 8 (0x8) next 0 (0)
SubFileType (254) LONG (4) 1<0>
ImageWidth (256) LONG (4) 1<924>
ImageLength (257) LONG (4) 1<906>
BitsPerSample (258) SHORT (3) 3<8 8 8>
Compression (259) SHORT (3) 1<1>
Photometric (262) SHORT (3) 1<2>
SamplesPerPixel (277) SHORT (3) 1<3>
RowsPerStrip (278) LONG (4) 1<906>
StripByteCounts (279) LONG (4) 1<2511432>
XResolution (282) RATIONAL (5) 1<100>
YResolution (283) RATIONAL (5) 1<100>
PlanarConfig (284) SHORT (3) 1<1>
ResolutionUnit (296) SHORT (3) 1<2>
Predictor (317) SHORT (3) 1<1>
Software (305) ASCII (2) 15<UMAX MagicScan\0>
DateTime (306) ASCII (2) 20<1999: 5:20 15:49:21\0>
ImageDescription (270) ASCII (2) 48
<\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0 ...>
Model (272) ASCII (2) 48<\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0
...>
37458 (0x9252) BYTE (1) 2<0x1 0xbb>
37459 (0x9253) BYTE (1) 2<0xe0 0x13>
37460 (0x9254) BYTE (1) 2<0xbe 0x6b>
37461 (0x9255) BYTE (1) 2<0x9c 0xc3>
StripOffsets (273) LONG (4) 1<228123>

[mapserver at linux geoimagens]$ tiffinfo  agronomica_trindade.tif
agronomica_trindade.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 317 (0x13d)
ignored.
agronomica_trindade.tif: Warning, invalid TIFF directory; tags are not
sorted in ascending order.
agronomica_trindade.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 37458 (0x9252)
ignored.
agronomica_trindade.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 37459 (0x9253)
ignored.
agronomica_trindade.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 37460 (0x9254)
ignored.
agronomica_trindade.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 37461 (0x9255)
ignored.
TIFF Directory at offset 0x8
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 924 Image Length: 906