[mapserver-users] configure problems

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 22 12:19:14 EDT 2002

Ken,

Although you have the binary libraries, you also NEED the header files for
said libraries.  Since you say you have the libraries themselves in the
appropriate location, I would next go on to check that you have the required
header files (/usr/include/, /usr/local/include, etc ..).

I don't know how it works on FreeBSD, but on RedHat-based systems, this
usually means you need the "development" (gd-dev for instance) version of
any given package.  The default package contains the binaries, the dev
package contains header files, and source code and such things ...

J.F.