[mapserver-users] configure problems

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Thu Aug 22 13:30:31 EDT 2002

Yes it seems like the .so files aren't the problem, perhaps.
Isn't it saying that you need the header (.h) files for jpeg and gd?
I believe you will need those files, which are part of the source code for
libjpeg and libgd.  I'd try to locate the libgd.h, etc. files on your
system, you may already have them in an "include" directory somewhere - but
I'm not expert on this stuff!

Tyler

                      "Ken Kyler" <ken at kyler.com>
                      Sent by:                            To:       <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        cc:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Fax to:
                                                          Subject:  [mapserver-users] configure problems

                      08/22/2002 08:06 AM

First, I've read the FAQ, HOWTOs and did a search for this particular
problem.

I'm trying to install Mapserver on a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE system rinning
Apache and mod_php4.

When I run configure with the following options...

./configure \
             --with-php=/usr/local/include/php \
             --with-jpeg=/usr/local/lib \
             --with-freetype=/usr/local/include/freetype2 \
             --with-png=/usr/local/lib \
             --with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs \
             --with-gd=/usr/local/lib \
             --with-php=/usr/ports/www/mod_php4/work/php-4.2.2 \
             --enable-runpath

I get the following error

checking whether we should include JPEG support...
Could not find jpeglib.h or libjpeg.a/libjpeg.so in /usr/local/lib.
checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... no
        libjpeg not found. JPEG support not included, possibly needed for
GD.
checking which version of GD to use...
configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in
/usr/local/lib.
Make sure gd is compiled before calling configure.

both libjpeg.so and libgd.so *are* located in the /usr/local/lib directory

What am I doing wrong?

Ken