[mapserver-users] rendering world data

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Aug 25 17:14:34 EDT 2002

Chris,

Are you using shapefiles?  Assuming it is in shapefiles:
How did you get the vmap0 data into shapefile?

I wrote a program that can tile shapefiles into smaller shapefiles.
It should be pretty east to modify it split polygons at 180 degrees
into multiple polygons.

See http://swoodbridge.com/tools/ if you are interested in trying to
modify shp2tile to split polygons.

-Steve