[mapserver-users] Make points Transparent?

Eric L. Blevins eblevins at insight.rr.com
Sun Aug 25 16:23:49 EDT 2002

Here is my layer that puts some points in the map.

Is there any way to make the points somewhat transparent so you can see things behind them?

Sometimes there are so many points in an area they completely cover previous layers and I would like to make the points somewhat "see-through" so I can see the layers underneath.

LAYER   NAME signal
        TYPE POINT
        STATUS off
        DATA "nettry/signalwepoff"
        maxscale 15000
        CLASS
                EXPRESSION ([SIGNAL] <= 100 && [SIGNAL] > 70)
                NAME "Open - Signal Strong"
                SYMBOL "circle"
                SIZE 8
                COLOR 100 0 0
                END
        CLASS
                EXPRESSION ([SIGNAL] <= 70 && [SIGNAL] > 60)
                NAME "Open - Signal medium"
                SYMBOL "circle"
                SIZE 8
                COLOR 150 0 0
                END
        CLASS
                EXPRESSION ([SIGNAL] <= 60 && [SIGNAL] > 40)
                NAME "Open - Signal low"
                SYMBOL "circle"
                SIZE 8
                COLOR 200 0 0
                END
        CLASS
                EXPRESSION ([SIGNAL] <= 40 && [SIGNAL] >= 0)
                NAME "Open - Signal weak"
                SYMBOL "circle"
                SIZE 8
                COLOR 255 0 0