[mapserver-users] Querymap display via WMS interface?

Neel Smith neelsmith at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 25 21:26:36 EDT 2002

I've recently created a mapserver client as part of a
larger web application implemented with Cocoon.  The
client communicates with mapserver exclusively through
WMS protocols (a requirement for this particular app.)

For navigational interaction (pan/zoom), mapserver's
graphic output is great;  for queries by clicking, the
data results are great (getting output in GML is
wonderful!) -- but I haven't been able to figure out
how to get graphic output illustrating query results.
I'd like for selected features to be highlighted.

I know that mapserver can do this but I can't seem to
find anyplace in the WMS protocol where this
functionality might be exposed.  (STYLEs?)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Is it
possible to get the equivalent of mapserver's querymap
output using only the OGIS WMS interface?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Neel Smith
neelsmith at yahoo.com