[mapserver-users] Querymap display via WMS interface?

Kralidis, Tom Tom.Kralidis at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Sun Aug 25 22:30:47 EDT 2002

Not per se.  Querying WMS usually involves GML.1, GML.2, plain text or HTML
at this point.

The Styled Layer Descriptor (SLD) Specification can help here.  SLD is an
OGC technology which allows a client to, along with a WMS request, pass the
URL of an XML document describing how to style requested layers.  SLD
documents can contain multiple rulesets with flexible criteria such as scale
and filter expressions.

When MapServer supports SLD, one will be able to send filters and styling
rules in real-time to receive custom maps from an SLD-enabled WMS.  Until
then, one can have some middleware which styles XML into an output image.

Hope this helps.

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist