[mapserver-users] building mapserver on W2000 with msvc++

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Aug 26 08:36:45 EDT 2002

Michael -

The regex-0.12 distribution creates the largest amount of difficulty for the least amount of code in the whole package!

All you need is to compile regex.c to create regex.obj.  If you use "nmake /f makefile.vc regex.obj" you should get what you need.  As long as the build produces regex.obj you're all set and can ignore the rest.  If you'd like me to send you a Windows msvc++ build of the regex-0.12 library, let me know.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.