[mapserver-users] help query with phpMapScript

Anyelina Cáceres anyelina_caceres at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 20:26:54 EDT 2002

Hello,
I am new using to mapserver and phpmapscript. I have installed mapserver3.6
in Windows with apache and php, demo works to me well. But when trying to
make my own application I have doubts:
- How I can do query if the definition of the layer is
LAYER
  NAME "Tipo de Vivienda"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  DATA manzanas

  CLASSITEM 'tipoviv'
  CLASS
    NAME "Casa, Apto"
    EXPRESSION ([tipoviv] == 1)
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 0 255 0
  END
  CLASS
    NAME "Cuarto(s)"
    EXPRESSION ([tipoviv] == 2)
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 0 0 255
  END
END

- How is made a query with phpmapscript to obtain the point and to show the
data of the features of that point?
- Can be done an application without using mapfile? how?
- Can I make the query and show it in a page without using templates? how?
- Are there examples about these? can you facilitate me examples?
Thanks,
Anyelina Cáceres