[mapserver-users] Displaying overlaping rasters

Marc Jacquin jacquin at geosys-inc.com
Tue Aug 27 10:53:07 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to display a gray scale image over a color image. Displaying the
gray scale only in JPEG is OK, the color image only is OK too. But when both
are defined in the map file, I got some colors in the gray scale area.

You may have a look at the created JPEG here :
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/mapservermj in the mapserver folder.

I know this is due to the way colors are handled by GD's palette (which is
already almost full when the gray scale image is drawn), I was just
reporting and wondering if anyone has found a way to solve this.

Thx

Marc