[mapserver-users] Setting up MapServer (Request for Info)

Paul Spencer spencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Aug 28 08:49:40 EDT 2002

Hi Ben ... you have a quite few options working with MapServer, probably
the simplest for what you want to do is to use the CGI mode.  You'll
need to create a Map file that contains references to the data you want
to use and then you can set up standard HTTP requests to get images for
specific locations.  There's lots of material on the UMN site to get you
started on this.

As a new user, you might want to use  MapLab from
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/owt/maplab/ to help you set up and visualize
your mapfile.

Cheers

Paul