[mapserver-users] Scale and tileindex question

Williams, Chris D. WILLIC10 at mail.northgrum.com
Wed Aug 28 15:37:32 EDT 2002

Couple more questions about MapServer...I am using mapplet with just the cgi
commands.  No mapscript of any sorts yet.

1) When I print out the scale variable, what are the units of this value?
My map is just using a lat/lon extent of -180,-90,180,90.

2) How does one go about using the TILEINDEX variable?  Is there an example
out there to look at?  I have say 4 shape files that each represent a 5
degree by 5 degree area.  Am I correct to assume I add the pathes to each of
these files to the TILEINDEX file and that represents that layer?

3) I am trying to use the maplat/maplon variables and I never see any value.
Do I need to set a projection?  When I try to set it to latlong, I get
errors.  I have compiled mapserv with proj4.

4) Lastly...sort of releated to number 3, how can I get the lat/lon for the
positions points on the map?

Thanks again for all the help!!
Chris