[mapserver-users] TRUETYPE not work

Zhang, William wzhang at c-cor.net
Fri Aug 30 16:12:54 EDT 2002

Steve,

Yes, I have the MapFile Reference document. I did not specify font in my map
file just for simplifying the test. I thought that some default font would
be used by mapserver if no font is specified by user. Is this true? Anyway
now I add font related lines in the map file below. It still does not work.

NAME alm
EXTENT  -122.0837 37.6683 -122.1104 37.6885
SIZE 800 600
SHAPEPATH "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\itasca\test\tutorial35"
FONTSET "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\itasca\test\fonts\fonts.list"
  LAYER
    TYPE LINE
    STATUS DEFAULT
    DATA alm
    LABELITEM "FENAME"
    CLASS
      COLOR 255 0 0
      LABEL
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        ANTIALIAS
	FONT arial
        COLOR 0 0 0
	ANGLE AUTO
	POSITION UC
      END
    END
  END
END # end of map file

I have one line in the fonts.list file
	arial		arial.ttf

I also copy the arial.ttf file to the same directory as fonts.list located.

Do I miss something else?

Thank you for the help.

William