[mapserver-users] MS3.5 for Win2K with Postgis

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Feb 1 16:35:11 EST 2002

I'm just starting to scratch the surface of WMS, but in my opinion that
error doesn't look it necessarily means WMS isn't compiled into the build,
but perhaps the WMS server isn't setup properly?  How do you know that
everything is setup properly in your map file?

Tyler

                    "Andrew" <ahaigh at ic24.net>
                    Sent by:                            To:     "Pericles S. Nacionales" <pnaciona at gis.umn.edu>, "jrom"
                    owner-mapserver-users at lists.g        <jga at scot.cnes.fr>
                    is.umn.edu                          cc:     <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                                                        Fax to:
                                                        Subject:     Re: [mapserver-users] MS3.5 for Win2K with Postgis
                    02/01/2002 10:38 AM

A quick question,

according to the readme file in the zipfile, "This is the precompiled
distribution of MapServer version 3.5 nightly build with
GIF, OGR, GDAL, PostGIS (PostgreSQL) and OGC WMS server support."

When I do mapserv -v

I get:

C:\mapserver>mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PR
J SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

And when I try:
http://plasma/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/demo.map&request=GetCapabilities

I get the following output.

    mapserv(): Web application error. No template provided.

I'm assuming that this version doesn't have WMS support, as stated in the
README file. Is it possible to get hold of a copy which does?

Thanks,

Andrew