[mapserver-users] Any Mapserver and database forms demos around?

Vladimir Guzmán vguzman at bigfoot.com
Fri Feb 1 18:07:03 EST 2002

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

 >Hi guys,
 >Many are asking me about collaborative web-based solutions for managing
 >database information and coupling that with GIS viewing capabilities.
 >I'm planning to use Mapserver to display mostly point data, but will want
 >to have the ability to view AND edit database information for each
 >location.
 >
 >Does anyone have a web site that I could look at to see this in action?  I
 >need to describe the concept to my colleagues and would like to show
them a
 >demonstration of a similar kind of system
 >
 >Tyler

Mitchell:
If you want you can take a look at:
www.main-task.com/sig
login: test
password: test
It provides a solution for manage a set of antennas and coverages for ISP's.
You cand add, edit and delete information about clients, antennas,
nodes, etc..
This information is stored in a postgres database.
It also has a geo-coding algorithm designed for Bogotá city (Colombia).
(You can try a search like CR 15 # 85-55 -- This is a typical address in
Bogotá)
You can also search for an specific client
(Try in the combo -> Cliente and in the search box -> ENAUTOS)
And you can do zoom-in, zoom-out, pan and zoom all, and hide or show
layers (clientes, nodos, antenas)

Hope that helps,

--
Vladimir Guzmán R.