[mapserver-users] Raster

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Feb 4 09:23:20 EST 2002

Miroslav -

Store your images as TIFF files and use the OFFSITE keyword.  If you can
set no-data pixels to a unique value (not otherwise found in the image)
in your TIFF files, just add the OFFSITE keyword to the raster layer
with the TIFF file as data or indexed through a TILEINDEX file.  If the
value of your no-data pixel is 255, for example, then

	OFFSITE 255

will cause all pixels with that value to be treated as transparent.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com