[mapserver-users] POSTGIS/Mapscript DB connection is not closing

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Mon Feb 4 17:59:18 EST 2002

>>After I use mapscript to query my postgis layer in my map, the
>>postmaster that got run never dies/closes?
>>
>>Anyone have any idea on why this might be happening?
>>here is an exerpt of the offending mapscript code...

The PostGIS connector should close the mapserver connection when the
msPOSTGISLayerClose()  method is called.

Your problem might be caused by mapserver not closing the layer.  It
could  also be caused by PostgreSQL not properly closing down in the
middle of a transaction (this shouldnt be a problem).

dave