[mapserver-users] problem compiling with gdal and ecw

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Feb 4 23:41:13 EST 2002

I wish I kept better notes, but I edited the nmake.opt file in GDAL and added:

ECWDIR  =       E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mapserver\download\etc\ecw_sdk
ECWLIB  =   $(ECWDIR)\lib\NCSEcw.lib $(ECWDIR)\lib\NCSEcwC.lib \
                 $(ECWDIR)\lib\NCSUtil.lib

I compiled GDAL and tested for ecw functionality.

Then in the mapserver makefile.vc I added:

GDAL=-DUSE_GDAL
ECW_DIR = E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mapserver\download\etc\ecw_sdk\lib
GDAL_LIB=  $(GDAL_DIR)/gdal.lib $(ECW_DIR)\NCSEcwC.lib
$(ECW_DIR)\NCSEcw.lib $(ECW_DIR)\NCSUtil.lib

Basically when I get an unresolved external, I search for files containing
the referenced external string and try to include the library or object
file that includes that string (this is the way an uneducated person solves
this sort of problem, my apologies to those of you who know how to do it
correctly).

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.