[mapserver-users] Scalebar label

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 5 10:27:06 EST 2002

1) Use an inline layer to do this, something like:

LAYER
  NAME "copyright"
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TRANSFORM FALSE
  FEATURE
    POINTS 200 400 END # or wherever you want it
    TEXT "© 2002 Your company"
  END
END

2) You can't do true transparency. You can do a hatched fill though
that has a similar effect. Try using a symbol like:

SYMBOL
   NAME 'hatch1'
   TYPE VECTOR
   POINTS
     0 0
     1 1
   END
END

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Andrew" <ahaigh at ic24.net> 02/05/02 06:57AM >>>
I'm relatively new to Mapserver and I'm attempting to implement
Mapserver as on OGC WMS. I have two problems, so any help would be
greatly appreciated. I've attached my mapfile definition at the bottom
of the e-mail.

    1. I have defined a scalebar, which I'd like to embed in the map.
This works fine however, I want to place some text (a copyright notice)
next to the scalebar (i.e. along the bottom of the map). To do this I
think I need to include a label entry in my scalebar definition, but I
can't work out how to set the text I want to display.

    2. I have a vector layer which contains 136 polygons (name:
'boarders'). I'd like to make these semi-transparent, so you can still
see the raster data in the layer below. Can you do this with Mapserver?

I'm using Mapserver 3.5 on Windows 2000.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Map file follows:

NAME EMS
STATUS ON
SIZE 500 350
EXTENT 380000 400000 450000 450000
UNITS METERS
IMAGETYPE gif

PROJECTION
 "init=epsg:27700"
END

WEB
 METADATA
  "wms_title"  "Enviroport Map Server"
  "wms_onlineresource"
"http://plasma/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:\demo.map"
  "wms_srs"  "epsg:27700"
 END
END

# Definitions for map symbols
SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS 1 1 END
  FILLED TRUE
END
# End of map symbol definitions

# Start of Map Layers, The first layer in this list is displayed at the
bottom, etc.
# Raster Data - Using shapefile index
LAYER
   NAME "rst50k"
   TYPE raster
   STATUS ON
   TRANSFORM true
   TILEINDEX "H:\data\50k\tiff\poly"

   PROJECTION
 "init=epsg:27700"
   END

   METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "1:50,000 Colour Raster"
    WMS_ABSTRACT "Add info here"
    WMS_SRS "EPSG:27700"
   END # End of Metadata tag
END # End of 50k raster

# Ward Data - shapefile
LAYER
   NAME "boarders"
   TYPE polygon
   DATA "H:\data\UKBoarders\947"
   STATUS OFF
   TRANSFORM true

   PROJECTION
 "init=epsg:27700"
   END

   CLASSITEM "Name"
   CLASS
    EXPRESSION 'Bolton'
    TEMPLATE "somepage.html"
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 0 255 0
   END # End of class Bolton
   CLASS
    EXPRESSION 'Birkby'
    TEMPLATE "somepage.html"
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 255 0 0
   END # End of class Bolton
   CLASS
    EXPRESSION /./
    TEMPLATE "somepage.html"
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 190 253 190
   END

  TOLERANCE 3

   METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "Wards"
    WMS_ABSTRACT "Ward boundary information."
    WMS_SRS "EPSG:27700"
   END # End of Metadata tag
END # End of layer

# Test POI Layer
LAYER
   NAME "poi"
   TYPE point
   DATA "H:\data\testInfo\poi"
   STATUS ON
   TRANSFORM true

   PROJECTION
 "init=epsg:27700"
   END

   CLASS
    SYMBOL 'circle'
    SIZE 2
    NAME 'Townships'
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 40 40
   END

   METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "Point of Interest Data"
    WMS_ABSTRACT "Test Point of Interest Data for Muckenbrough County
Council"
    WMS_SRS "EPSG:27700"
   END # End of Metadata tag
END # End of layer