[mapserver-users] 24bit tiff and gdal

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Thu Feb 7 18:00:16 EST 2002

Hi,
I've compiled MS 3.5 with gdal:
Banshee[284] pushkar$ mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

But when I try to display 24 bit tiff I get the foll. msg.:
drawTIFF(): Image handling error. Only colormapped and grayscale images
are supported.
This is the info. for my tiff file
Banshee[293] pushkar$ identify data/24bmosaic2001mstm.tif
data/24bmosaic2001mstm.tif 5167x3675 DirectClass 54mb TIFF 3.6u 0:25

I've gdal1.1.5 and this is the info. for it:
Banshee[296] pushkar$ gdal-config --formats
gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 sdts raw dted mem jdem
envisat elas fit gif jpeg png

I have the tfw file also: 24bmosaic2001mstm.tfw

**My ques. is do I have to disable TIFF support if I compile mapserver
with GDAL? Maybe the default behaviour of MS is to use the tiff libs. read
the tiff imgs. and not try to use GDAL after that?

PUSHKAR S. PRADHAN
Research Assistant
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY,
STARKVILLE, MS 39759.