[mapserver-users] Shape files and Raster data

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 12:39:25 EST 2002

David McGaughey wrote:
> Thank you for the fast reply!  Here is my map file.  You may download
> my shape files and JPEGS here:

> I'll try a TIFF, but may not can get to it until tonight.

David,

Your world files have rotational coefficients which I don't think are handled
well by MapServer's built in JPEG support (or most other raster formats) support.
It should be handled properly if you use the GDAL library in MapServer, though
you will also have to ensure that PROJ.4 support is enabled - even if you
don't use it directly.

If the MapServer raster resampling logic (GDAL specific) is actually kicking in
you should see a message about "msResampleGDALToMap() in effect" in your logs.

Best regards,