[mapserver-users] Joining ShapeFiles (FWD)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Feb 11 13:38:16 EST 2002

Tony,

You don't need to join them into one file, in fact is not the most
efficent way to handle them. Put them all in a directory and run tile4ms
utility on them to create a tileindex and then make a layer that uses
the tileindex. If the shapefiles have a lot of data in them, you might
also want to generate a spatial index for each shape file using the
shptree utility.

Hope this helps,
  -Steve W.