[mapserver-users] Joining ShapeFiles (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Mon Feb 11 12:43:49 EST 2002

From: CoadyT at DFO-MPO.GC.CA
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: Joining ShapeFiles
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:44:49 -0500

I am working with more than one area in my map file. I need to place all the
land in one layer. I have 8 different shape files for different areas of the
map. Is it possible to join them in one layer. If so can you give me some
example code to combine them. I am trying to make my map open faster. Will
this help or hurt? I just found out by reading off of your  homepage that
joins are only availabe in Queries. So is it possible to join these files
using my .map file in a layer?

Tony Coady
Programmer Analyst
Coroporate Services
Information Management & Technology Services Branch
St John's NF
White Hills Building
A1C 5X1
(709)772-6272