[mapserver-users] PDF Output: How?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Feb 14 23:21:29 EST 2002

The landview piece simply embeds a image rendered in mapserver into a pdf. I can share code.

However, there are opportunities to create vector PDFs with MapServer. The shp2pdf program is an example. You can easily wrap that with perl or whatever pretty easily. I'll add scripting access to that once a C wrapper to writing a PDF file is done.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> <Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au> 02/14/02 21:33 PM >>>
Concidentally, Rasmus was here this week and talked about this. :o)

Have a look at slide 51 onward at http://conf.php.net/oz2002/
(BTW, I couldn't get the slide browser to work under IE, only  Netscape).

Slide 57 has an example of placing an image into a PDF.
Putting Mapserver stuff into a PDF this way looks to be easy (it's on my
list of things to try). Keeping vector map layers as vectors using
SVG or something would be cooler still.

The Shockwave stuff is even more interesting, animated maps anyone?

Cheers,

Antti