[mapserver-users] PHP show shape from it's dbf-file index(row)

Azimuth, Erwin Perik perik at azimuth.nl
Mon Feb 18 03:16:37 EST 2002

Hi All,

Is there an option to show a shape when it's index (row) in the dbf is
known? I would like to highlight only this shape.
I made an extra layer for it with specific color (red) and "status OFF", so
think this highlight-layer needs to be called.

For making an overview with only defined layers, is it best to make an
extra map-file and draw that one, or can i use the 'normal' map-file and
turn on only layers which i want to show.
I was thinking that i retreive all map-layers to an array and use something
like (if On_layer = map_layer then,....). Right approach, or....

Also i would like to show the extents of the shape as a rectangle on the
overview-map.

Searching the above questions on the list-archives did get some examples,
but all seemed to be slightly different or now working, but that's my lack

Thanks in advance,

Erwin