[mapserver-users] Mapserver Test Suite in Gallery

Tom Cadman Tom.Cadman at region.durham.on.ca
Tue Feb 19 15:48:46 EST 2002

I've been trying to get Version 3.5 working with some of my apllications with liitle success. I decided to try the Test Suite with Mapserver 3.5 but had no luck. I do have a version of the Test Suite operational on my server using Version 3.4.  As a result, I went to the version of the Test Suite on the Mapserver home page - in the Gallery, to see what I was doing wrong. It appears that this example is using Version 3.4.  I accessed the directory and saw a  'Tests3.5' directory and thought this was exactly what I was after, so I tried the top level page.  I got the same type of error messages here, as I get on my version on my server at home, when attempting to use Version 3.5.

For example, for the first item - Automatic text rotation ... I get broken links to the images and a check of the info page gives a getSymbo() Symbol definition error (FONT):(19) , just like on my machine. When accessing ..'labeling of contours' I get the same result.

The version I am using is a downloaded binary for 3.5 with gif and png support. (ascertained using mapserv -v). Could someone please explain to me why these files appear to work fine under version 3.4 but not version 3.5.  In addition,  a 'How To' document describing how to convert from one version to the other, would be very useful.  It would also be very useful to have the Test Suite function under the latest version of MapServer.

Anyway, as an avid fan of this software, I am extremely impressed with what has been achieved to date and the caliber of the people associated with this endeavor. I would like to congratulate all of you, particularly Steve Lime, on a job well done. I'm sure all of us lesser lights out here, look forward to seeing what the future holds for MapServer.