[mapserver-users] re-classification on the fly

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Mon Feb 25 08:44:30 EST 2002

A lot of what your asking depends on what the data looks like that is going into MapServer. The toughest part is doing unions, clips, & etc. between seperate layers in order to determine results. That will take quite a bit of customization (see http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/ 4th paragraph ), however all the geographic feature information is available so it's possible. Or if all the layers that were to be used for analysis were preprocessed into a single layer so the classifications could be done using attribute queries only it would require less customizing.
Hope that helps.
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by "J-mac" <mapserverjohn at hotmail.com> on Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:49:00 -0800.