[mapserver-users] Mapserver using a Mysql data source (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Tue Feb 26 09:19:25 EST 2002

From: "Ashley Joyce" <ashleyjoyce at hotmail.com>
To: <mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Subject: Mapserver using a Mysql data source
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:19:11 +1100

Mapserver Support

I want to use mapserver with mysql and the perl DBI:DBD  module.
Recently I setup a nearest locator system using this model on my
webserver and it works fine. I want to now take it a step further
by using mapserver with GIS datasets to offer maps of the US.

What configuration is necessary to use mysql as the spatial
warehousing when installing Mapserver? In the documentation you
had special configuration for oracle i.e --with-oraclespatial, is
there are similar call for Mysql.

Is there any documentation or support available for structuring
the datasets in mysql etc.??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ashley Joyce