[mapserver-users] Tigerline

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 28 10:43:14 EST 2002

Bruce, Ashley,

I haven't tried GDAL because my understanding was that using it to
access TIGER source data was pretty inefficent relative to shape files.
Especially if you plan to do more than one state. I use shape files. I
don't think you can use shptree since it only works with shape files.
tile4ms also reads a bunch of shape files and builds a tileindex. You
could in write your own utility to read the tiger source files and build
an equivalent tileindex but I don't think there is a utility already
available - you might want to check with Frank Koormann or scan his
posts in the list archive.