[mapserver-users] compiling Perl/Mapscript takes time

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Feb 28 12:12:23 EST 2002

Steve,

You were right... I was too impatient. I successfully compiled
Perl/Mapscript yesterday. It took about 9 mins... no activity at all, and
then, pow!

It works sweet. Thanks. Are any of your Perl/Mapscript example source files
available for download? That would really help, combined with Lowell's docs.

(Now, there is that matter of GDAL, Proj.4, etc. that I have to tackle.
Hoping to hear from Frank, or someone else.)

Btw, could you (or someone else... Lowell, perhaps) explain to me what "make
install" does? The reason I ask is... how could I move the mapscript.pm
module to another computer (same OS, of course) without having to recompile
it? It is not just a matter of copying the .pm file to the Perl modules
library, is it?

Tia,

pk/