[mapserver-users] SDE connection question

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at em.agr.ca
Wed Jan 2 16:32:57 EST 2002

Hi all,
using mapserver3.5 on linux.
Trying to connect to an SDE server but having difficulties.
The error I'm getting is:

msSDELayerOpen(): SDE error. SE_connection_create(): Server machine not found. (-100)

for my LAYER, I have specified:
 CONNECTIONTYPE sde
 CONNECTION "hp001.gis.agr.ca,esri_sde,ORACLE,myusername,mypassword"
 DATA "eco,shape"

can someone please confirm that this is correct?  I am wondering about the DATABASE parameter because I haven't had to specify that before.

We are checking with the telecom people to ensure that the port is, indeed, open between the servers as they said it is.
We have also checked the services specified on the linux machine.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can do to get my connection between mapserver and sde working?

Thanks in advance.

D. Pagurek, M.Sc.
GIS and Remote Sensing Analyst
Canadian Soil Information System (CanSIS),
Research Branch, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
(613) 759-1543
pagurekd at em.agr.ca