[mapserver-users] PHP 4.1.1 and php-mapscript?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Jan 22 20:32:24 EST 2002

Yes, I am doing just that.

I tried compiling against 4.1.1 but no cigar.
I tried the available packaged versions of PHP
and source, but it looks like it's 4.0.6 only
for now.

As someone said, doing anything really cool usually
involves breaking you package manager. As it was, I
was able to sneak in a PHP 4.0.6 Apache module without
breaking apt:

	cd /usr/lib/apache/1.3/
	mv libphp4.s0 libphp4.so.4.1.1
	cp ~/php4.1.1/libphp4.so libphp4.so.4.0.6
	ln -s libphp4.so.4.0.6 libphp4.so

You'll probably find the same thing with
other libraries, though I was able to resolve most of
them (including Apache) by pointing my sources list to
the Debian testing distro.

Cheers,

Antti