[mapserver-users] PHP 4.1.1 and php-mapscript?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jan 22 22:51:49 EST 2002

John, and all,

PHP MapScript in MapServer 3.5 (release version) works only with
PHP4.0.6

With respect to PHP 4.1.1, there have been some changes in the PHP core
that broke php_mapscript.  There is an *EXPERIMENTAL* version of
MapScript for PHP4.1.1 in the MapServer CVS, but it's not fully tested
yet... we just know that it compiles and works with simple apps (We
created a rel-3-5-php411 CVS branch for it in the mapscript/php3
directory.  To get to it, you have to:
  $ cvs checkout mapserver
  $ cd mapserver/mapscript/php3
  $ cvs update -r rel-3-5-php411

Once again, this is just experimental and there are still issues to be
resolved, so if you're looking for a stable server then use PHP4.0.6
configured as a CGI.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca