[mapserver-users] Masperver with postgis on windows2000

jrom jga at scot.cnes.fr
Tue Jan 29 09:40:31 EST 2002

Hello,

For about 4 months, we develop application based on
PostgreSQL/Postgis/Mapserver.
It works just fine on our linux servers.

For demo purpose, I need to install all this on a windows2000 laptop.
On my Windows NT machine, PostgreSQL/Postgis is running fine in a cygwin
env. I've compiled MS 3.5 for postgis, and can access postgis tables,
from either a local DB, or a remote one on a linux server.

I try to do the same thing on the laptop: Postgis is running, but I
can't use mapserver 3.5:
The binaries available on the mapserver site are not compiled for
postgis, as far as I saw ("postgis symbol declared but not defined")
I try to use the mapserv.exe I compiled for NT: it does not work (apache
says: "premature end of script hearders".
I recompile mapserv (./configure --with-postgis) on windows2000, in a
cygwin environment. Same apache error message.

So, I write to you to have a little help:
Do you know any restriction by using MS 3.5 with postgis on windows2000?

Is it possible to have the windows binaries for MS 3.5 compiled for
postgis or to have the settings used to compile the binaries for windows ?

Thank you very much

Nicolas Ribot
SCOT