[mapserver-users] tiff problem,

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Jan 31 11:33:01 EST 2002

Pushkar -

You should be able to run GeoTIFFs just fine with MapServer w/o GDAL
support if it was built with TIFF support.  Run "mapserv -v" and check
to see that "INPUT=TIFF" is listed.  However, it looked like (from your
previous email) that you are using a 24-bit RGB TIFF image.  That is NOT
supported w/o GDAL - using GDAL in MapServer 3.5 will give you 24-bit
TIFF support.  However, you might want to really consider pre-processing
your images down to 8 bits BEFORE they're used by MapServer.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com