[mapserver-users] Raster Aerial photos

Iris Schnegg iris at schnegg.net
Mon Jun 10 10:54:19 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to include 80 aerial photographs.  The size of each of the
photos is circa 25 MB.  I converted them from 24 bit jpg pictures to 8
bit tif images with image alchemy.  When I include one of the pictures
in the mapping file the image is in a pretty good quality.  When I
include five or more pictures, the quality of the pictures deteriorates.
 I get white and gray pixels in the images where they don't belong.  It
almost looks like the red channel is missing.  When I view the pictures
in Corel Photo paint, the colors seem to be all right.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,

Iris