[mapserver-users] Raster Aerial photos

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Mon Jun 10 12:09:28 EDT 2002

Iris,

Are these "tiled" images - i.e. do the 80 images represent a geographic area
that is split up into 80 images. Or, are these 80 independent images - e.g.
annual pictures of the same area for 80 years.

If they are tiled images, have you tried to display them using the TILEINDEX
feature? This might result in better performance. Check out:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/raster-howto.html#

Chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Iris Schnegg [mailto:iris at schnegg.net]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 9:54 AM
To: mapserver-users
Subject: [mapserver-users] Raster Aerial photos

Hi,

I am trying to include 80 aerial photographs.  The size of each of the
photos is circa 25 MB.  I converted them from 24 bit jpg pictures to 8
bit tif images with image alchemy.  When I include one of the pictures
in the mapping file the image is in a pretty good quality.  When I
include five or more pictures, the quality of the pictures deteriorates.
 I get white and gray pixels in the images where they don't belong.  It
almost looks like the red channel is missing.  When I view the pictures
in Corel Photo paint, the colors seem to be all right.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,

Iris