[mapserver-users] unable to set symbol in php?

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Wed Jun 19 01:36:41 EDT 2002

I'm using php/mapsc. and unable to set a symbol for a class using a name.
I can successfully create a symbol for the class using an integer type. If
anybody knows the soln. please let me know. Thanks,

related .map file:
   METADATA
      "DESCRIPTION" "Cercla Sites"
      "Colors" "64-66"
      "Symbol" "1"
   END

   LABELITEM "Npl"
   CLASSITEM "Npl"

code:
$symbolName = $tmp->getMetaData("Symbol");
$status = $cl[$c]->set("symbol", $symbolName);
$status = $cl[$c]->set("size", 15);

$cl[$c] is the class created dynamically.
If $symbolName is a no. (like in this example - 1) the symbol shows up,
but if I pass the name no symbol appears.

related sym file:
Symbol
Name 'star'  # also tried "star"
.